Friday, June 15, 2012

6/15/2012 Fun with GPS! (part 2)

I recently went on a hiking trip up Mount Washington (well, not all the way to the top, but up to Lakes of the Clouds), and I took my Data Logger. This is the track from Lakes of the Clouds back down to the parking lot (in the @trip software):

It’s nice, but I’m looking for a little more WOW-factor. Let’s see if we can get this into Google Earth!
Well, it just so happens that there is a “View in Google Earth” button in the @trip software:

Click it, and the file is exported into Google Earth:

Let’s move around in Google Earth:


It is great swooping around, and you get a real sense of the mountain. I put together a tour.You can download my original kmz file, as well as the tour:
LakesOfTheClouds.kmz download file
LakesOfTheClouds_tour.kmz download tour

No comments:

Post a Comment